Ingredients: (serves- 4)
Prawns- 500gms cleansed
Basmati rice- 2 cups soaked in water for 1 hour.
Garlic – 8 cloves coarsely crushed
Ginger- 1 inch crushed
Green chillies – 6 (optional for those who need heat otherwise season with a little pepper)
Tomato – 1 medium sized chopped
Onion – 2 medium sliced finely
Fresh Basil leaves-2 handful leaves chopped coarsely
Lime juice- from 1 whole lime
Bay leaves – 3 whole (fresh or dry)
Cloves – 4
Nutmeg powder – ½ teaspoon
Red bell pepper- 1/4th julienned for garnish
Salt to taste
Butter – 2 tablespoons
1. Cook rice in 3 and ½ cups of water. Keep aside with lid on. At this point it might be just a little under cooked but that’s ok we’ll do the finisher with our prawns.
2. Sauté bay leaves and clove in butter. Add onions and sauté till transparent.
3. Add garlic and ginger and cook for a few mins.
4. Add tomato and cook till mushy.
5. Pour in lime juice, nutmeg powder and adjust salt.
6. Mix well. Add prawns and cook on a high flame till the prawns are slightly pink and just purrfectly cooked.
7. Add rice and chopped basil leaves. Toss the mixture on high heat till even.
8. Garnish with red bell pepper and basil leaves.
9. Serve hot. No accompaniments needed!!! J
Tips n Tricks:
· Cook the rice in freshly made prawns stock to get the ultimate flavours J
· And if you don’t have basil, try it with mint, that’s finger lickin good too!!
From: Cardamom Hills