I’ve made this a bunch and love it. The kiddos are warming up to it as well. It comes from Rachel Ray’s Kid’s Cookbook. I find many of the new kid’s cookbooks have recipes adults love as well and they are super easy. Definitely a comfort food but I think you could eat this outside of the winter months.
* 1 pound penne, corkscrew pasta, or medium shells
* 1 pound broccoli tops
* 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 cup ricotta cheese
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. Meanwhile, pull apart broccoli into small “trees.” Put the broccoli into a pot and add enough water to just cover the tops. Bring the water to a boil and add 4 pinches salt. Cook for 5 minutes once the water comes to a boil. Drain.
2. Pour olive oil and butter into a deep frying pan and heat over low heat. When the butter melts, add the garlic and cook 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli and cooked pasta. Add ricotta and Parmesan, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 4 to 6 servings.