You couldl eat these on simple buns or loaf bread. But I suspect the French bread is a little chewier. Although I don’t why the cook that came up with this didn’t use Italian bread.
This recipe seems to also incorporate a little Earl of Sandwich into an Italian recipe. Take your Parm on the go!
* 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
* 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided, plus 12 large basil leaves
* 3/4 cup purchased refrigerated marinara sauce
* 12 ounces ground chicken (white meat)
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
* 1 tablespoon grated onion
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 4 ounces whole-milk mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
* 4 large radicchio leaves
Blend diced bread and Parmesan in processor to fine crumbs. Transfer to pie dish; mix in 2 tablespoons minced basil.
Mix marinara and 2 tablespoons basil in small saucepan. Transfer 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce to large bowl. Add chicken, 1/2 tablespoon oil, onion, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle with pepper; blend. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties; coat with crumbs. Heat sauce over low heat.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties until bottoms are crusty, 4 minutes. Turn patties over; top with cheese. Cook 3 minutes. Cover; cook until cooked through and cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
Assemble burgers with bread, radicchio, basil leaves, and warm marinara.