We make these when we have our Star Wars marathon. Yes, we watch all six movies in a row. The food is usually themed…Wookie Cookies, Yoda Soda, Princess Leia Breakfast rolls, etc. Maybe I’ll post a Star Wars menu the next time we do it. Until then enjoy our recipe for Pizza Sabers. It is borrowed from a viewer submitted recipe from the Food Network’s website.
* 1 cup sliced pepperoni (go for the bagged stuff for home-made pizza)
* 1 cup sliced Italian sausage
* 1/2 French bread loaf, toasted and cubed
* 1/2 green pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
* 1/2 cup halved fresh mushrooms
* 1/2 cup zucchini slices
* 1/4 cup Italian dressing ( I have never used this. I replace it with olive oil)
* 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella (1/4 cup? I do it by handfuls. Lots of cheese.)
* 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Thread meat, bread, and veggies onto skewers. (My kids entirely do this part on their own, and I encourage them to make creative patterns.) Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet, and brush with Italian dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with warm spaghetti sauce for dipping. Don’t forget to soak the skwers in water for 20-30 minutes or they’ll char like Obi-Wan on The Death Star.